- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna (do not drain)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- Mix all ingredients with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Spread mixture into a greased 9x9 cake pan.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze.
The tubes you see here are from MEC: Coghlan's Squeeze Tube with Nylon Clip
By Eileen And Dogs.
- Pureed cooked meat
- Pureed boiled liver
- Pureed liverwurst
- Cream cheese (regular, low fat, or non-fat)
- Neufchatel cheese
- Pureed cooked rice or oatmeal
- Smashed banana
- Mashed potatoes
- Low salt broth
- Apple sauce
- Baby food
- Pureed veggies (baby food or homemade)
Can Go Either Way
- Peanut butter
- Mashed sweet potatoes
- Canned tripe (but every once in a while there is a piece of…something…that doesn’t want to go through the hole). That stuff is crack for dogs, though.
- Canned pumpkin
- Small curd cottage cheese
- Oat or rice flour
- Guar gum
- Tapioca flour
- Test the mixture at the temperature at which you will be using it. Most will be softer at room temperature, more solid when refrigerated.
- Test the consistency by taking off the lid and pointing the end down. If filling drips out without squeezing, it’s too thin.
- Avoid canned foods that say “chunky,” “stew,” “homestyle,” or “flakes.”
- If canned food is too moist, let it drain in a strainer–Randi Rossman.